Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Six Years Old


My baby turned 6 today! Such big changes in the past six years!  Over the past year there have been so many changes and Kindergarten has really helped her to grow.  She has thoroughly enjoyed her year in Kindergarten and loves going to school everyday.  In May, each teacher at Forest Pines picks one student from the class who demonstrated all the character traits (responsibility, respect, courage, self-discipline, etc.) throughout the year.  Aniela was picked for her class! We were very proud and she was excited because her principal announced her name and gave her a certificate.

Biggest change this year has to be that she can READ!!  I don't know how her Kindergarten teacher did it but she can just pick up a book and read.  I am so impressed and proud of her and love when she reads to me.  A bit sad that one more thing she doesn't need me for but this one I am okay with.  I hope that reading continues to be a thrill for her and she will become a life long reader.  I can't imagine my life without books and hope that I can pass that onto my children.  

She continues to love all things crafts, coloring, cutting and gluing.  She loves to be outside swinging or flipping on the monkey bars and usually heads right outside after school.  She recently told me that she doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up but that she is deciding between a music teacher, an artist, a Moe's worker and picking up garbage. Not really sure how that will pan out! But can't wait to see!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment