Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Night Before...

I can't believe the day has come to send my baby off to Kindergarten.  I don't know where the time has gone but suddenly 5 years later I am sending Aniela off to school.  We have had a good time this summer and spent the last couple of weeks crossing things off of her Kindergarten bucket list.  Her list consisted of: going to the neighborhood park, painting nails, going to jumping beans, eating at Moe's (we are going to do this after her first day), having a sleepover, staying in her pajamas all day, going to the Science museum to see the butterflies, Pullen Park, eating ice cream, going to the library, doing some crafts and swimming.  The only thing I vetoed was staying in bed all day and eating all her meals in bed.  But we did the rest! 

I am equally sad and excited for tomorrow, okay a bit more sad than excited.  I know she will have a great time and learn so much yet I'm sad that it won't be her and I anymore.  We have spent the last five years together figuring life out.  We have had some great moments and not so great moments but I have loved it all.  I have been "practicing" parenting on her for the last five years and I can only hope that I have taught her to be kind, considerate and patient to those around her.  It is hard to go from her number 1 teacher to the number 2 teacher.  

Dave sent me a quote from Jim Cramer about him sending his kids to college, "We don't own them, they are only ours for a time."  I cried when I read it.  It seems we have started down this road.  As if I didn't before, I now how a whole new appreciation for my mom.

Onto happier thoughts and new beginnings!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment